Our team is looking for a hands on clinician who is excited in a big way about clinical terminology by digging deep into the data that is changing the world of oncology and health care. This job requires a sharp analytical mind, a passion with the meaning and representation of clinical data and for tackling one of the most complex medical and technological challenges of our time.
As a Clinical Terminology Analyst you will:
- Perform semantic mapping of clinical or administrative data from a customer’s clinical system to standard reference terminology or a Flatiron clinical code set
- Address external and internal stakeholder issues related to clinical mappings
- Perform quality assurance on clinical mappings
- Track terminology mapping assignments and progress
- Contribute to terminology and mapping editorial policies
- Support terminology migration projects as requested
- Be a clinical data expert on our team
- Degree in Nursing (R.N., A.P.N.) or P.A.-C.
- Knowledge of clinical oncology and oncology data
- 2+ years hands-on clinical experience.
- Great clinical grasp of drug indications and interpretation of lab results.
- Experience working with Payer/Billing Data
- Strong organizational skills
- Great critical thinker
- Excited about and not afraid to learn new technologies
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Be friendly, fun, and generally awesome to be around
Bonus points if you have…
- Knowledge of standard controlled vocabularies and terminologies like ICD-9, ICD-10, RxNorm, NDC, CPT, and HCPCS
- Experience working with at least one Electronic Health Record (EHR) system (e.g.: Epic, MOSAIQ, Varian, Cerner)