Our team is looking for a hands-on clinical data expert who likes to be in the trenches analyzing data. The ideal candidate is excited about harmonizing clinical data through healthcare IT standardization and is passionate about how data interoperability is transforming patient care.
This job requires a sharp analytical mind, a love affair with clinical data, and a passion for tackling one of the most complex medical and technological challenges of our time.
Innovation and independence are key on this team. You will be developing creative ways to explore, organize, and leverage the clinical data in our systems. Every day will provide something new and challenging: curating and managing content for large clinical data sets and ensuring data quality. Your experience in the world of big data will be pivotal to our success.
- Identify clinical data elements within the clinical databases of our partners.
- Curate, validate, and manage clinical content.
- Assist in developing clinically-relevant quality tests.
- Standardize clinical data to common controlled vocabularies and classifications, including RxNorm, and LOINC.
- Expand and adapt ontologies when existing standards fall short.
- Work with a team of informaticists, clinicians, and software engineers to map data between databases and implement ETL processes.
- Perform mapping of clinical data to standard reference terminologies.
- Be a clinical data expert on our team.
- 2-5 years of hands-on experience curating and extracting data from databases, analyzing clinical data, and/or integrating clinical terminologies in a healthcare IT environment.
- Willing to be very hands-on with data while learning new software technologies and tools that help us better analyze, manage, and organize standardized content.
- Strong proficiency in SQL.
- A Bachelor’s or graduate degree in one of the following: Bioinformatics, Medical/Healthcare Informatics, Nursing, Medical Doctorate (MD).
- In-depth knowledge of standard controlled vocabularies like LOINC, RxNorm, SNOMED-CT, NDC, and UMLS.
- Knowledge of standard classifications used in medical coding and billing schemes, such as ICD-9, ICD-10, ICD-O-3, CPT, and HCPCS.
- Knowledge of healthcare IT messaging standards like HL7.
- Clinical provider experience (e.g.: RN, Lab specialist, MD).
- Experience in data analysis of at least one Electronic Health Record (EHR) system (e.g.: Epic, MOSAIQ, Varian, Cerner)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Are friendly, fun, and generally awesome to be around.
- Experience working with a terminology management system like 3M’s Healthcare Data Dictionary (HDD), Health Language International (HLI), or Clinical Architecture’s Symedical Server.
- Experience with drug database integrations (e.g.: First Databank, Medispan, Multum).
- Background in data mining, statistical analysis, natural language processing, or machine learning.
- Experience in at least one development environment (Java, Python, etc.) or statistical programming language (R, SAS, etc.).
- Experience in semantic technologies, ontology development, and ontology-based reasoning.
- Knowledge of clinical oncology and oncology data.