This position primarily focuses on products and services for OncoEMR, our web-based, oncology-specific electronic medical record (EMR) system used by over 1,300 oncology clinicians every day to diagnose, treat and manage patients battling cancer.
Interface Engineers are the primary technical touchpoint for our cancer center partners who use our EMR. They work with customers to understand workflow requirements, develop HL7 interfaces, prototype reports, gather feedback and work with the broader Product Engineering team to identify and solve critical customer challenges.
- Manage interface projects including design, documentation, development, testing, and implementation of interfaces from kick-off to go-live to exchange healthcare-related information between Flatiron's applications/ OncoEMR and the customer's other software applications
- Work directly with customers, vendors and internal teams during discovery phase for workflow requirements, and be able to represent how interfaces would fit into proposed solutions
- Collaborate with internal software development team and vendor teams to identify, develop and implement appropriate design solutions to ensure compatibility/interoperability between the different systems
- Work on multiple projects concurrently, monitor the status of tasks and escalate issues when appropriate
- Project Manage and assist practices with Oncology EMR integrations
- Assist practices with all data conversions, imports and exports
- Act as a technical touchpoint with customers and assist with customer support issues related to interfaces
- Other duties as assigned when necessary
- Master's Degree in Business Administration and Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field plus 4 years of experience
- Experience implementing and supporting HL7 version 2.x interfaces at healthcare organizations
- Experience executing data-conversion projects to migrate historical patient healthcare-data from one system to another
- Experience of EMR integration best practices, and workflows followed by healthcare organizations in the EMR domain
- Experience in leading and technically monitoring a team. Knowledge of CDA interoperability standard and Crystal Reports/SQL
- Certification in the following healthcare applications from Epic: Bridges [HL7/interoperability], EpicCare Ambulatory, MyChart and Reporting workbench