At Flatiron we are building a disruptive software platform dedicated to oncology that connects cancer centers across the country on a common infrastructure. Our platform aggregates and transforms real-world data at a scale and clinical depth never seen before.
The process is carried out by Abstractors - nurses and tumor registrars who extract complex clinical insights from EMRs. The Abstraction QA Manager will support efforts towards assuring and improving the quality of our abstracted data. The Quality Assurance Manager will work with Oncology Data Specialists, Abstraction Team Leads and other members of the Internal Abstraction team and will report to the Director of Clinical Data Abstraction.
- Conduct regular quality assurance audits on abstractor’s work across multiple therapeutic areas.
- Monitor abstractor quality and work collaboratively with Oncology Data Specialists and Quality Team Lead staff to maintain and improve abstractor quality and efficiency.
- Support efforts to ensure remote abstractors adhere to abstraction-specific policies and procedures and consistently produce accurate data.
- Document feedback provided to abstractors on the quality of their work and track the quality of each abstractor’s work over time.
- Provide timely, specific, kind and actionable correction to abstractors if a data quality issue is identified.
- Manage a regularly scheduled data scrub at the end of each month on an assigned therapeutic area.
- Provide departmental education and debriefs on best practice approaches to abstraction.
- Help triage and respond to abstractor questions through the patient manager review panel.
- Participate in monthly team calls with remote staff and and internal Flatiron team.
- Provide ongoing support to abstraction team for new projects.
- Travel to NYC for in-person meetings 2-4 times per year.
- Experience working as an abstractor for Flatiron Health required.
- Experience reviewing and extracting key data points of interest from oncology medical records with a high degree of accuracy and completeness.
- Certified Tumor Registrar, research professional or oncology nurse with 5+ years’ experience in oncology setting.
- Active nurse/PA license or CTR certification, if applicable.
- At least two years’ prior Quality Assurance experience in an oncology setting.
- Experience applying, maintaining and updating internal quality assurance guidelines.
- Highly flexible team player who can define and integrate process changes in response to a changing landscape.
- High comfort level with technology and large data sets.
- Comfortable working with remote teams.
- Advanced Excel skills.
Bonus points if you....
- Are familiar with SQL
- Have prior trainer / educator experience
**To apply to this role, you must have worked as a contract Oncology Abstractor for Flatiron**