At Flatiron we are building a disruptive software platform dedicated to oncology that connects cancer centers across the country on a common infrastructure. Our platform aggregates and transforms real-world data at a scale and clinical depth never seen before.
The process is carried out by Abstractors - nurses and tumor registrars who extract complex clinical insights from EMRs. The Abstraction Team Lead will manage a subset of the remote abstraction team, which is comprised of nurses, certified tumor registrars and research professionals who work in a full-time, part-time or contract capacity. The Abstraction Team Lead will work with Oncology Data Specialists, Quality Assurance Managers and other members of the Internal Abstraction team and will report to the Director of Abstraction Operations.
- Manage a subset of the remote abstraction team, including both full-time employees and contractors.
- Triage and respond to abstractor questions through the patient manager review panel.
- Monitor abstractor performance and work collaboratively with Oncology Data Specialists and Quality Assurance staff to provide coaching/training to improve abstractor quality and efficiency.
- Coordinate and participate in monthly team calls with remote staff and and internal Flatiron team.
- Interview new abstractor applicants and inform selection process.
- Onboard and mentor new hires.
- Maintain regular and open communication with Abstraction Operations team regarding work progress, challenges, and any other issues that may arise.
- Provide ongoing support to abstraction team for new projects.
- Travel to NYC for in-person meetings 2-4 times per year.
- Experience working as abstractor for Flatiron Health required.
- Certified Tumor Registrar, research professional or oncology nurse with 5+ years’ experience in oncology setting.
- At least two year’s prior people management history required.
- Active nurse/PA license or CTR certification, if applicable.
- Have a high comfort level with technology.
- Experience with management of remote employees preferred.
**To apply to this role, you must have worked as a contract Oncology Abstractor for Flatiron**